As a patient at Trad Hospital and Medical Center, you have the right to:
- Be treated with dignity and in a respectful and considerate manner.
- Receive safe and equitable care irrespective of your financial or social status.
- Express your concerns and receive a prompt response to your inquiries.
- Select your physician and request a second opinion.
- Know the specialty and name of all healthcare professionals responsible for your care.
- Accept or refuse treatment as permitted by the Lebanese law.
- Get all the information about your illness and treatment.
- Be given an explanation of all procedures to be done and outcomes and be informed about the outcomes of your care.
- Keep your medical record totally confidential and request a copy of your discharge summary to consult another hospital or physician.
- Decide to withhold or share information about your health status with your family or others.
- Be informed about your test’s results, procedures, and clear cut care plan.
- Receive assessment and management of your pain.
- Express your wishes and preferences to withhold resuscitative services.
- Leave the Hospital against medical advice to the extent permitted by law.
- Get discharge instructions including your home-treatment plan, medications, and relevant activities .
- Report your concerns about your care to your physician, nurse, or any other health care providers.
- Report any comment or complaint on the Patient Satisfaction form.
- Report any breach of your rights to concerned persons.
As a Patient at Trad Hospital and Medical Center, You have the responsibility to:
- Inform your healthcare professionals (physician /nurse) about your medical/surgical history including current medications and how often you take them.
- Inform your healthcare professionals if you have any allergies to any medication or food or any previous allergic reaction or any relevant detail.
- Inform your healthcare professionals about any immediate unexpected change in your health care.
- Make sure you understand very well and agree with your surgeon on exactly what will be done to you during surgery.
- Follow the prescribed and agreed treatment plan as provided by your healthcare professionals.
- Accept the consequences of your actions if you refuse treatment or do not follow your physician’s plan of care.
- Respect the privacy and the rights of other patients.
- Respect and communicate in a decent way with your care givers.
- Take into consideration reduction of noise policy “Silent Hospital help healing”.
- Consider the number of accompanying persons or visitors.
- Participate in maintaining a safe and clean environment at the Hospital.
- Abide by Hospital rules and regulations pertaining to patient care and conduct.
- Abide by and support the Hospital “No smoking” policy.
- Act ethically – do not ask any of our hospital staff to provide incorrect information, receipts or certificates.
- Settle all the financial payments of your medical care at the Cashier.